25 Memorable Winter Adventures and Family Friendly Trips
The winter season doesn’t have to mean hibernating in your house. From bucket list adventures, thrilling escapes, or regional events, there are so many things to do and memories to make with your family.
Make the most of winter with these 25 adventures and trips for the whole family.
1. Try Heli-Skiing If you’re looking for an ultimate winter adventure, try heli-skiing. A mixture of a helicopter tour and extreme sports, you’ll be flown to the top of a mountain for off-trail skiing.
2. Go Skiing or Snowboarding Whether you head out to a nearby ski resort or hop a plane to one, ski destinations offer a wide range of family fun. Choose a resort, like Steamboat in Colorado or Smugglers Notch in Vermont, that has terrain for all levels and a village with plenty of winter activities to do after skiing/snowboarding.
3. Catch Thrills Snowtubing If you can’t travel to a large ski resort, many smaller local ski mountains also offer downhill snow tubing in the winter. Your heart will be pumping, flying down hills, and catching air going over jumps.
4. Explore by Snowshoeing If you’re looking for a slower-paced winter adventure, snowshoeing is another option that even small kids can join in. You’ll explore the winter landscape while getting a good workout in at the same time.
5. Ride a Sleigh Through the Woods There’s something magical about sleigh riding, especially at night, where lanterns guide you through a winter wonderland. From the Pacific Northwest to Lake Tahoe, Minnesota, The Great Lakes, this adventure might be closer than you think.
Read The Full Article
More Stories Visit at Planner at Heart