Celebrate Halloween Without Scares at Legoland’s Brick or Treat Monster Party Starting This Weekend
In 2020, the world’s largest Legoland amusement park opened in New York’s lower Hudson Valley. For six fall weeks celebrate the season at their not-so-spooky Halloween party, ideal for younger kids. Brick or Treat is in full swing on Saturday and Sundays with some festive elements still in place during the week.
As Season Pass holders to Legoland New York, we’ve been to the park more than 15 times since it opened. We went to their first Brick or Treat in 2021 and are looking forward to returning in 2022 to enjoy their expanded celebration for 2022 – The Monster Party!
What are the 2022 Monster Party Legoland Brick or Treat Dates?
Who wants to wait to celebrate such a fun time of year! Well at Legoland New York you don’t have to! Their 2022 Brick or Treat celebrations start on Saturday September 24th and end on Sunday October 30. It’s a very popular event that does sell out, so if you’re interested buy your tickets now, or make reservations with your Season Pass (they are still required!).
What’s Legoland Brick or Treat all About?
Come and enjoy the park all day long (in costume or not), and then from 3 -6 pm, they’ll be extra special brick-tastic events to close out the last three hours of the day! Brick-or-Treat admission is included with a single-day ticket, hotel package, or annual pass, so there’s no need to purchase an additional ticket.
- Each of the Park’s seven LEGO® themed lands will be transformed into a family-friendly Halloween haven with special hay mazes and perfect fall photo-op backgrounds. (Daily)
- Larger-than-life Halloween characters like Count de Bricks, Madame Purplepeak, Zappo the Mummy and Monster Mac will be roaming around the Keep your eye out! (Daily)
- New Seasonal Shows (Daily; Check Schedule on the App)
- The Great Monster Chase 4D Movie:
- Lord Vampyre’s Very Important Monsters (V.I.M) Dance Party
- Operation Monster Squad
- Kids 12 and under can enter a costume contest at the Brick Street Stage. With multiple categories come see the entries for The Most LEGO Themed, The Spookiest, The Most Imaginative and The Funniest. One lucky contestant will also be awarded the Best of the Best! (Available weekends)
- BOO-gie down to a Groovy new soundtrack and Party Lights at The Dragon Coaster.
- At Brick or Treat, it wouldn’t be a Halloween celebration without trick-or treating! There will be numerous stations along the Miniland Path (offering sweet treats) and The Friends path (offering non-candy treats) as well as more locations added in 2022 for……MORE Candy! (Available weekends)
- Make sure to check out the special Brick or Treat live entertainment shows on Main Street (Available Weekends)
- Main Stage Costume Parade (Daily at 12:45pm)
- Brick or Treat Ghost Scavenger Hunt (Daily)
Will All The Rides and Attractions Still Be Open?
Yes! Enjoy Legoland New York’s top rides and attractions all day! We’ve enjoyed the activities, playgrounds, building centers, rides, shows, and 4D movies all season long. Some of the water rides, like Coast Guard Academy, are closed for the season, but there is still so much to enjoy. My kids are nowhere near tired of all the park has to offer, even coming over and over.
Enjoy the Factory Adventure ride, which transforms riders into Minifigures, and signature rides such as the Dragon coaster and our family’s favorite, The Lego Ninjago ride. Both of my kids have “learned to drive” at Legoland and are so proud to have a driver’s license, just like Mom and Dad. With options for both the preschool and elementary school set next to each other in Lego City, it’s a hit with a range of age groups!
What Ages is Legoland Brick or Treat Good For?
“Like all our rides and attractions, Brick-or-Treat is built for kids ages two through 12. But, instead of big scares, we want families to enjoy a safe, fun, and memorable Halloween holiday,” said LEGOLAND New York Resort Divisional Director Stephanie Johnson. “Autumn is also a great time to take in the beauty of the Hudson Valley’s fall foliage views in the area and from our park.”
My preschooler and 4th grader both loved the event and are begging to go back again this year.
Reservations Are Required for Legoland’s Brick or Treat
If you’re an annual pass holder like us, make sure to make a reservation for this wildly popular event, taking place at all their U.S. and international amusement parks. Day-specific reservations are required, and staff checks before allowing you to park, so don’t travel to the park without one.
Whether you’re looking to go with your pass or check the park out for the first time, don’t get discouraged if there’s no availability the first time you go to the site to secure a date. People’s plans change all the time, and availability has been coming and going over the past weeks.
Is The Legoland Hotel Still Open During Brick or Treat?
Steps away from the park entrance is the Legoland New York Hotel. It’s the first and only Lego Hotel in the Northeast and is available for bookings, even when the park is seasonally closed. It will be decorated for Halloween and have special Halloween entertainment and meet-and-greets with LEGOLAND characters each day. Note, the pool is not open at the moment, so please keep that in mind.
My kids have been begging to stay at the hotel even though we live 45 minutes away. It’s on my daughter’s birthday wish list, and a weekday stay at the hotel might be in our future.
More From Planner at Heart