RedWeek.com is the largest online marketplace for timeshare rentals and resales-by-owner, with an A+ Better Business Bureau rating. You can read reviews and access detailed ratings, prices, and availability for these Top 25 resorts and more by visiting RedWeek.com.
Every year Redweek puts out a press release of the most requested and rented timeshare resorts from the previous year. While this article was written about 2020’s list, check out a more recent article on 2021’s Most Popular Redweek Rentals. If you’re looking for beloved timeshare resorts for travel planning this is a great place to start. Spoiler: Mariott resorts continue to be people’s favorites making up a majority of the list. They are a favorite of both renters and timeshare owners. alike.
“Marriott properties in Hawaii are known for their lavish swimming pools and elaborate resort grounds. They are designed to incorporate natural landscapes and reflect the ambiance of each island,” said Riley @ Young and The Invested who traveled to many Mariott timeshare resorts with his family growing up. “Rooms are elegantly furnished with many in unit amenities. Restaurants, spas, and other services are located on property and most resorts offer activities for a wide range of age groups.”
The below information was written and put together by Redweek.com and released to the public and the media via PRNewswire. I am running their press release here as an informative piece and wanted to be transparent.
SEATTLE, Feb. 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The annual Top 25 list of timeshare rental resorts has been released from RedWeek.com, the world’s largest marketplace for by-owner timeshare rentals and resales. The list is selected by RedWeek members, based on volume of rental bookings and inquiries sent to owners. The list for 2020 features many recurring favorites, although there are a few noteworthy changes that stand out from years before.
Marriott resorts continue to dominate the majority of the list with 60% of the spots, including the coveted top five positions. Top destinations include Hawaii (32%) and the Caribbean (20%). Many Hawaiian resorts moved up on the list, including Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club, The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North, Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club – Lahaina Villas, and Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club. Only one ski destination appears on the Top 25 list – Marriott’s MountainSide at Park City at number 16. RedWeek members clearly prefer beach and warm-weather destinations.
Although Florida had a small decrease in popularity as a destination this year, Marriott’s Beachplace Towers in Fort Lauderdale boasted the sharpest spike in bookings; the resort jumped up four spots from 2019’s report. Hilton Grand Vacation Club (HGVC) at the Lagoon Tower in Honolulu appeared on the list for the first time, bumping 2019’s Marriott’s Grande Vista in Orlando off the list entirely.
“With the rapid expansion of RedWeek’s online booking program, we have seen huge increases in the number of bookings and e-mail inquiries going out to timeshare owners,” says Maurice Aubrey, President of RedWeek.com. “This Top 25 represents the best of the 1,300+ resorts worldwide where owners have posted their weeks for rent. These resorts received nearly 117,000 combined inquiries and bookings in 2019, and we are already seeing increased volume just a few weeks into 2020. Timeshare owners at these resorts are, no doubt, pleased with this level of response.”
The Top 25 timeshare rental resorts for 2020 are:
- Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club – Palm Beach, Aruba
- Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas – Newport Coast, California
- Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club – Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii
- Marriott’s Aruba Ocean Club – Palm Beach, Aruba
- Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club – Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas – Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Harborside Resort at Atlantis – Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes – Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Marriott’s Ocean Pointe – Palm Beach Shores, Florida
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North – Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort – Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas – Lahaina, Hawaii
- Marriott’s Grande Ocean – Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club – Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
- Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort – Palm Beach, Aruba
- Marriott’s MountainSide at Park City – Park City, Utah
- Kaanapali Beach Club – Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Marriott’s BeachPlace Towers – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Marriott’s Desert Springs Villas II – Palm Desert, California
- The Royal Sands – Cancun, Mexico
- Marriott’s Barony Beach Club – Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino – Oranjestad, Aruba
- Marriott’s Desert Springs Villas – Palm Desert, California
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club (HGVC) at The Lagoon Tower – Honolulu, Hawaii
To receive more travel tips, activity inspirations, and some personal finance tips to fund those bucket list vacations subscribe below for monthly emails.
I’m Monica—truly a planner at heart! I’ll be bringing you along for the ride at PAH. Whether it’s my Frugal Fannie life, family activities in my region, family road trips, couples getaways, or timeshare traveling, I’ll be sharing my plans with ya’ll!