With international travel restrictions loosening, travelers are increasingly booking international trips. A recent analysis of online searches shows that Costa Rica is the third most searched international destination by Americans. If you’re one of these people researching Costa Rica vacations, you may be overwhelmed by all the fantastic things to do in the country. Well, this article written by Costa Rica travel experts helps to narrow down your options.
Costa Rica Vacations – What Type of Trip Will It Be?
Are you going for a fun-filled adventure, or do you wish to relax away from the worries of your everyday life? It doesn’t matter whether you’re a solo traveler, a digital nomad, a family, or a couple looking for how you can make the most of your trip to Costa Rica. Read on to learn how to curate one of these Costa Rica vacations for you, your family, or your group.
Costa Rica Vacations – Couples Itinerary
Going away with your partner is always something you want to be memorable, no matter the destination. So if you’re thinking of traveling to Costa Rica with your beloved, you should have an idea of where to go and what to do when you’re there. The best thing about Costa Rica is that it has everything you could want and more.
If luxury is what you need, you’ve got it. If you prefer sunsets along with beach adventures, then you’ve got it. This is where you can go to have the holiday of your dreams. In addition, Costa Rica is big on sustainability, so this is a bonus point for you and your partner if you’re still unsure about this being your next holiday destination.
There are stunning views, relaxing beaches, and natural attractions that make it a beautiful setting to visit. The fact is, you could decide to go anywhere in this beautiful destination and still have your lovely holiday. The entire country is full of activities that will make your stay worthwhile.
These are some activities you should consider for your perfect couple’s getaway in Costa Rica:
- Visit the alluring trails of the Arenal Volcano National Park. A seasoned travel guide will show you everything in this beautiful park as you take in the views!
- Choose a luxurious resort and spa in Costa Rica to stay in. All-inclusive resorts will give you and your partner a relaxing vacation with homemade meals, beautiful views, and various other activities right on the resort you choose!
- Spend some time near the Pacific Coast. Check out Flamingo Beach, Samara Beach, San Juanillo Beach, or another beautiful beach that’ll allow you and your partner to sit back, relax, and enjoy drinks and yummy foods on the sand.
- Learn how to surf, kayak, or paddleboard. There are plenty of beaches in Costa Rica that offer couples lessons!
- Go horseback riding at Finca Caballo Loco, which isn’t too far from Costa Rica’s capital, San Jose. You’ll enjoy a unique experience and get to see some gorgeous areas of the country!
Costa Rica Vacations – Family Itinerary
The great thing about Costa Rica is that it’s a holiday destination for everyone. Your family should love it the most, especially your kids. It has a perfect balance of attractive sights that will leave everyone in awe.
Moreover, you don’t have to worry about being on a long flight. This short flight won’t leave your kids feeling too restless or jet-lagged like a trip to Hawaii, Europe, or Asia when traveling from the United States. This is one of the many things that make Costa Rica an ideal holiday destination for your family.
You’ll have a lot of fun exploring an array of great adventures. There is always a lot more to do and to see when you head out to Costa Rica. The best part is that it doesn’t matter how long your stay will be; there’ll always be more for you and your family to do.
To make the most of your multi-generational trip, you should consider the following activities on your family trip to Costa Rica:
- Try the Palo Verde boat cruise. These boat cruises can be private or shared with other families and travelers. Each boat cruise includes a guided tour, a fantastic homemade Costa Rican meal, and plenty of opportunities to take pictures of the wildlife around you. This is a great activity for a family!
- Sign up for the La Iguana Chocolate tour. La Iguana Chocolate is a family-owned business in Costa Rica that offers chocolate tours for tourists. Your kids will love seeing how chocolate is made, as well as enjoy a taste of fresh chocolate!
- Zipline over a waterfall in the Arenal Volcano region. Adventurous children will love this activity! Arenal Zipline Canopy Tours are safe and perfect for families. Everyone in your family will enjoy seeing the beautiful views these tours offer of Costa Rica.
- Visit some fantastic beaches. There are plenty of beaches in Costa Rica that are ideal for particular activities, such as surfing, nightlife, scuba diving, and snorkeling. Choose a beach based on what your family would like to try on your trip to Costa Rica!
Costa Rica Vacations – Solo Traveler Itinerary
If you’re a solo traveler looking for a beautiful country to experience, then Costa Rica is the one for you. It’ll certainly change your perspective, especially when you’re so used to the hustle and bustle of big city life.
If you want to travel alone, you should know when to go. Here are some suggestions:
- Visit the Cultural Plaza located in San Jose. You can walk around this newly renovated plaza and visit several city landmarks, such as the National Theatre, the Gold Museum, the Gran Hotel, and more! Enjoy a meal while people-watching in this beautiful hub of the country’s capital.
- History lovers will enjoy a visit to the Juan Santamaria Museum. Learn more about Costa Rica’s history, culture, and art.
- Go for an adventure to the active Poas Volcano. It’s one of the most popular tourist spots because the two craters are surrounded by beautiful forestry.
- Check out a coffee plantation. There are several coffee tours to take in Costa Rica, such as the Britt Coffee Tour, the Espíritu Santo Coffee Tour, or the Golden Bean Coffee Tour. Learn about how coffee is made in the beautiful country and enjoy a taste of authentic Costa Rican coffee!
- Hike along the La Paz Waterfall Gardens. This nature park and wildlife sanctuary will take your breath away! See five gorgeous waterfalls and the largest animal sanctuary in Costa Rica.
- Visit the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Take a canopy tour on a suspension bridge to get views of a lifetime! You’ll see all the forestry and unique animals in the cloud forests.
Costa Rica Vacations – Digital Nomads Itinerary
Many perks come with being a digital nomad or working remotely. One of these is knowing that you can work and travel anywhere in the world. So why wouldn’t you want to visit Costa Rica to enjoy a different view from your regular home office?
There is so much for you to do between submitting your deadlines and taking some much-needed time away from your computer. However, research shows that Costa Rica is one of the most popular countries digital nomads love to visit. There is something captivating about the simple life you experience in this country. It’s not only warm, but it’s easy-going for anyone to enjoy.
The best part is that you can work from different parts of the country. The following are some of the things that you should consider adding to your itinerary if you’re a digital nomad thinking of heading to Costa Rica to capture the beauty of the country:
- Go to the Central Valley. Visit small towns to learn about the country’s culture, volcanoes, Poás Volcano National Park, and Irazú Volcano National Park.
- Spend some time along the Nicoya Peninsula. This unique area in Costa Rica is home to turtle beaches, caves, incredible birds, and various natural reserves that’ll blow your mind! In addition, you’ll be able to take a variety of one-of-a-kind photos to take home with you.
- Visit the small town of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. This hotspot has beautiful beaches for surfing, the Jaguar Rescue Center for animal watching, and the Cahuita National Park to see a vast coral reef and scuba dive in an old shipwreck.
When you need to take a break from working, you can head out to the fantastic hiking trails and rainforests found in various parts of this country.
Costa Rica Vacations – There’s So Much to Explore in This Beautiful Country
There’s always more to do in Costa Rica than you realize. Whether you want to wind down and relax or have a once-in-a-lifetime family adventure, you’ll always find a perfect balance of attractive sights to see. As a result, Costa Rica vacations can fit a wide range of travelers.
Costa Rica offers a dynamic environment to help you make the most of your stay. You want to ensure that you’ve planned everything. If you’re traveling with your kids, make sure that you spend as much time exploring all the fun things that you can do. This country offers you a wide range of versatile holiday options that cater to your diverse needs.
There’s nothing like a holiday that meets all your expectations, and Costa Rica will give you that and more. If your life is really hectic and planning a vacation is something you’re interested in, or have time to book your Costa Rica trip with a trusted travel agency and take all the guesswork and hassle out of planning your vacation.
John has been leading groups of all ages on authentic vacations and service-learning trips through Costa Rica and Central America since 2006. He has worked for The Costa Rica Rainforest Outward Bound School, Breakthroughs Abroad, Serendipity, and various other organizations throughout North and Central America.